Translate

Sunday 1 September 2013

What Music Would You Recommend For A Wedding Ceremony ?




I've been asked this question many times.  You may be interested to know my first job was assistant Church organist when I was just 15 years old .  I continued being a Church organist until I finished college and began my full time job as a trainee Retail Manager.  It got a bit difficult to continue doing both jobs. as I would have to request my lunch hour at a precise time to go to a wedding.  After a while the manager said : gee Dennis you know a lot of people getting married !!!.  Anyway back to the music.  Today some churches in  Australia, have done away with Church organist but have PA systems to play CD's and mp3's.    Selecting the right music play a vital part in the ceremony. Imagine a film without music,  or  music that just was not suitable.  You got the idea.  Just think about songs that you both love and have romantic links to.   Here are a few suggestions.


This is a lovely Filipino Song "Ikaw Lamang" (Only You)

"My dreams came true, when i found you, i found you,my miracle."
Angels Brought Me Here 



"I will be true to the promise I have made . To you and to the One who gave you to me"
I Will Be Here.



"I pray youll be our eyes, and watch us where we go. And help us to be wise in times when we dont know"
The Prayer


You will need music for;
  •  entry of the bride
  • the signing of the register
  • You may also need music if you include the Offertory and Communion as part of your service. 
  • the exit procession.
Solo singer or Instrumentalist:
Perhaps you know a friend who sings or can perform an instrumental piece(s)  during the wedding.
They would be more than delighted to help you make your wedding ceremony really special. 
If they have done  weddings before, they would have some great ideas for song selections. 

Get Print Music Books like the ones below and it will help you compile some great music for your wedding.

     
banner


You can look through music books with beautiful collection of songs  perfect for wedding ceremonies and receptions .  Songs like Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) * Always and Forever
* Beautiful in My Eyes * Can You Feel the Love Tonight * Endless Love * Forever and Ever,
* Never Gonna Let You Go * Open Arms * (I've Had) the Time of My Life * Unforgettable *
* When I Fall in Love * The Wind Beneath My Wings * and more.


Anyway I hope that this has been beneficial for those planning their wedding ceremony. 
Congratulations and wish you all the best. 


Our day Begins And Ends On A Happy Note 


3 comments:

  1. thanks for the brief information about wedding ceremonies...I was actually requested to sing for a friend's wedding and she told me that I'll be the singer for the ceremony and in the reception. and I was like confused to what to sing and when or which part will I sing. Good thing, your blog gave me an idea on what to do...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Yvonne, I'm glad this blog helped you get an idea what to sing at the ceremony and at the reception. All the best with your music.. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. sir just wanna ask..what happen to ur previous video "nothings gonna change my love for you"
    it seems it vanished..

    can u please upload it again so i can listen to it again? (sorry for the bad english :) )

    thanks and ur the best sir :)

    ReplyDelete